ThomasNovels

Grace Thomas, Teresa Thomas, Paige Endover (the ugly step-sister), Mozella Thomas and Tinker Thomas all reside in the crowded imagination of Grace Thomas.







New

Erotic and/or weird short stores at PlotsbyPaige@blogspot.com.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Hate the Word Blog.

I hate the word blog.  

“What are you doing?”  I’m writing my blog (Boring Life of Grace). 

“Let’s go to the movies.”  I can’t go to the movies with you because I haven’t written my blog … wait, I can blog (Belay Livelihood over Gaiety) later.  I am a blogger (Boring Life of Grace gets Eternally Recorded).  I blog so much, one was not enough so now I have two … blogs (Both Logs only Generates Shambles) that I can’t make myself write.  One for fiction, one for non-fiction and sometimes it’s hard to tell which is witch (read carefully, there are hidden mines).  (Warning – if you’re reading this, this is the non-fiction one.  If this had been an actual lie, you would have been directed to log onto the other one.)  It can work the other way. 

“Why can’t you come out and see me and your dad?” Because I have to write my blogs (Bad Lying on Genuine Subterfuge).  “What the hell is a blog?”  Good question Mom.  A blog is an article, a dissertation, an essay that …  “You hated writing essays in high school.  You would have rather sat around writing those weird ghost stories with sex …” Thanks Mom.  High school was … many, many, many years ago and the weird ghost stores with sex are on the other blog. 

But what I was trying to say before all these interruptions is my problem is with the actual word blog so let us turn to our tried and true friend Wikipedia who tells us that the word web log or weblog was used for the first time in December of 1997.  “You have kids older than that.  Your car is older than that.  But it’s so important for you to write it instead of coming to see us?”  Just ignore her; she’ll go away in a minute. 
 
Weblog became we blog which evolved into blog into blogging into blogger into a whole group of other words ending in blog that live in the Blogosphere which has its own Blogday.  It also has its day in court because you can be sued for liable or your employer can use what you say in your blog against you.  There are bad guys called Internet Trolls and good guys called the Blogger’s Code of Conduct.  “So it’s more like those space aliens and sex stories you used to write.”  Mom, if you know so much about my writing that must mean you were sneaking around in my room and reading my weird stories.  Now you don’t have to sneak.  All you have to do is log onto my blog and read them along with the whole world.  After reading the articles (not a blog) at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog I am proud to be a member of a growing community where the freedom to speak (write) our thoughts can change worlds (even weird space alien worlds).  No longer will I hesitate before declaring I too am a blogger (Big Liar of Genetically Generated Erotic Romances).

So think of it this way.  I am writing a blog about blogging (Brilliant Literature of Grace gets International Gain) which means I’ve completely run out of topics.      

No comments:

Post a Comment