ThomasNovels

Grace Thomas, Teresa Thomas, Paige Endover (the ugly step-sister), Mozella Thomas and Tinker Thomas all reside in the crowded imagination of Grace Thomas.







New

Erotic and/or weird short stores at PlotsbyPaige@blogspot.com.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Building Toward the End

So there I am sitting in my book-lined office, my bare butt kissing the leather seat of my chair, the taste of cognac on my tongue, my cigar sending out aromatic clouds of scent while the waves of the ocean beat against the shore outside the open French windows. See what I did in that statement? That sentence contains all the senses. Your sex scenes should include all the five senses (unless you’re writing science fiction, then you can throw in a few more) plus that little extra connection your character has with the other character they’re having sex with called a spark, flash, glow or smoldering ember. Just remember, this is fantasy, a sexual fantasy. I didn’t describe reality which is me in clothes I just cleaned house in, sitting cross-legged in the floor in front of the laptop, all the fans running cause I’m trying to save on the electric bill by not turning on the air-conditioner, television running some program I’ve already seen but on to provide background noise, really old coffee in the cup and stale cigarette smoke being pushed around by the fans. See? Fantasy is better than reality.

In the last chapter (Tom, Dick and Hairy) I established place, nudity and named all the strategic people parts. Now, I’m ready to set them into motion. Positions are pretty standard and haven’t been improved upon in several years (unless it’s a group then you have to keep track of all those limbs) but be careful not to come out sounding like an instructional manual. Insert tab A into slot B is a turnoff. Slowly slipping his hard manhood into the wet, dark tunnel between her legs is hotter. But you still have to consider the laws of gravity and reach. I once had a lady straddling his thighs then penetration occurred. Unless he was really long, I got that one wrong. On the other hand, I had a scene where anal then vaginal sex took place and the editor was worried about a yeast infection. Come on, sexual fantasy taking place here.

Suck, lick, nibble, bite, flick, stroke, tease, tickle, rub, massage, kiss and in any other words you can think of … touch happening between bodies which can lead to rocking, tumbling (only if they’re young), easing, moving, rhythmic exertion, quaking, upheaval, trembling and the knocking over of furniture. Those actions produce moans, groans, screaming, cries, wails, yowls and sometimes applause. Don’t include instructions. They shouldn’t have to tell each other “a little lower” (unless it adds a comedy element) because in fantasies, they are the perfect lovers. If this is a romantic relationship instead of an erotic romp, about once a book, add a serious, needs support, turns to partner to connect sex scene. Also, interruptions (“I just figured out who the murder is.”) can help build up sexual tension (“Could we please finish what we’re doing before going out and apprehending the bad guy?”) but should be used sparingly.

And everything in the above paragraph results in orgasm, climax, peak, spasm, crest, contractions bringing on cum, flooding, sperm showers and ejaculation and the end. (Until you start writing the next chapter that is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment